| The COMBO-17 survey:|
- has imaged 1 square degree of sky in 17 optical filters using the Wide
Field Imager at the MPG/ESO 2.2-m telescope at La Silla, Chile.
- found ~25000 galaxies and ~300 QSOs with redshift errors
of dz/(1+z) ~ 0.02, as well as ~5000 stars and ~30 white dwarfs
- has deep and sharp R-band data for exploration of weak
- The stellar mass in galaxies with ancient stellar populations
has increased over the last 8 billion years:
- Robust constraints on the evolution of quasar luminosity function:
- The smoking gun of cluster growth: We observe galaxies being
transformed from field galaxies to cluster galaxies:
- A public catalogue of the Chandra Deep Field South
Cluster field Abell 901/902.